Mirror Mac to TV
It is very understandable that you want to know this. Many Apple users run into the same problem: Its’ not always comfortable to watch something on a Mac. The screen is relatively small compared to your TV. It’s also not useful to stare at a laptop with several people. Fortunately, there are multiple solutions to mirror Mac to tv without Apple TV.
Discover two ways to connect Mac to TV in this fascinating article.
What is Airplay?
First, it’s good to get a better understanding about a few basic things like Airplay, Apple TV and screen mirroring.
Airplay is a wireless streaming service created by Apple. With it, you can stream multimedia content from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac to an Apple TV.
Disadvantages Apple TV
However, Apple TV is super expensive! It cost more than 150 dollar. Without mentioning that sometimes users have to pay an extra fee to have iDevices mirrored into streamers, like Roku.
In addition to the high costs, it is also very annoying to have this kind of hardware at home. Why? Well, with Apple TV you’ll have at least two extra cables in the house. 1 cable for the power supply. And 1 cable to connect the Apple TV to your television.
Screen Mirroring App
Discover how to mirror your Mac to your Smart TV without Apple TV. You don’t need cables. You need ONE app that will make your life more convenient today. Wirelessly of course!
Avoid Eye Strain
Don’t watch it on small screens. That’s bad for your eyes. Get MirrorMeister’s revolutionary app and enjoy everything on TV!
Option 1: Mac HDMI to TV
A – but definitely not the best – option to mirror Mac to TV without Apple TV is by using HDMI cables. Doing it so allows you to share your MacBook screen with your TV quickly.
HDMI cables have many disadvantages. Read these first before using HDMI.
✦ HDMI cables are ugly.
✦ HDMI cables can be unsafe. You easily trip over it. And the plastic protective layer can peel off, causing contact with the power supply. This is dangerous!
✦ HDMi cables are annoying and clumsy. It is difficult to hide these cables. You also do not easily take them with you. It’s a hassle!
✦ HDMI cables make you inflexible. You don’t want to be limited by the length of the cable, do you? It is also not useful at all to have such a cable throughout the house.
How to Mirror Mac to TV with HDMI Cables?
If, despite all the drawbacks of HDMI, you’re still considering connecting your Mac to your TV, keep this in mind: You’ll need to go through all these complicated steps to connect your computer to your TV. It’s quite a lot of work!
- Locate the HDMI port and then plug in the HDMI cable on your TV
- The HDMI port is usually on the back or the side of the TV. Most modern HDTVs have at least two HDMI ports.
- Determine your Mac video output
- Mos recent iMac computers have an oval port, also known as USB-C or Thunderbolt. If your Mac has a Thunderbolt 3 port, you need a USB-C to HDMI cable.
- On most older Mac computers, you find a squared-off port, known as Thunderbolt 2. If your laptop has it, you will need a Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable (or a Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable).
- Buy the correct cable for your Mac:
- USB-C to HDMI cable or adapter
- Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable
- Plug one end of your HDMI cable in your Mac or port adapter.
- Turn on your TV and change your TV input to the HDMI input.
- Now you just need to wait and see your screen on your TV.
Best Way: How to Mirror Your Mac Screen Wirelessly?
But why use cables for screen mirroring when you can do it wirelessly? Make your home safer and your life more comfortable. Discover MirrorMeister’s screen mirroring app today!
1 Minute Video Tutorial
The very best way to cast your Macbook to TV is through a third-party app that uses screen mirroring technology, like MirrorMeister.
With the MirrorMeister app, you can connect your Mac to TV or streaming devices, without needing any extra hardware or cables. This unique app works on every TV!
To learn how to mirror Mac to TV with MirrorMeister, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Download MirrorMeister from the Mac App Store.
- Follow the instructions from the app onboarding. It’s quite simple to set it up.
- Start screen mirroring to your Smart TV.
MirrorMeister offers a free trial. Download free app now!